Organizational Development & Effectiveness Services
Organizational Development, executed right, helps organizations build their capacity to change and achieve greater effectiveness by developing, improving, and reinforcing internal strategies, structures, and processes.
Our goal is to help your people function better within your organization. We can help you:
- Improve organizational effectiveness while adhering to your culture and values
- Maximize your employees’ potential and help them amplify their contributions
- Assess what is happening within your organization and then conduct an intervention to try and create positive change
- Align human behavior with your organization’s strategy, structures, processes and business objectives
How We Provide You Value
Human Process Interventions
Individual - Team - Intergroup - Organization
Reengineering - Workforce Analysis - Realignments
Talent Management - Wellness - Succession Planning - Diversity
Transformational - Continuous - Transorganizational
Yes, change is hard, but not impossible. Our OD/OE experts will be your guide through the 7 critical steps of any major initiative:
- SCOPING: When your organization spots a problem or an opportunity for improvement, we will help you gather the right stakeholders to scope the challenge in detail, agree upon the exact body of work to be done and define what success looks like.
- DIAGNOSING: We will then assess how your org is currently functioning by collecting information or looking at currently available data to try to find the root cause or most urgent priorities.
- DATA COLLECTION: We will collect additional data to validate or disprove assumptions and theories. Insights from things like existing data from work systems, questionnaires, interviews, observations, and ‘fly on the wall’ conversations will help inform the next best course of action.
- FEEDBACK: This is where we share with you our thoughts, perceptions and recommendations, in a way that’s understandable and action-driven.
- CO-CREATION: We work together with you to design the intervention or initiative in a way which allows the organization to absorb it effectively and measure progress against success criteria.
- EXECUTION: This is where the rubber meets the road. We help you lead and manage your initiative, with an eye towards gaining support and followership. Activities are focused on motivating change, creating a vision, developing support, managing the transition and sustaining momentum.
- EVALUATION: Progress and metrics are examined in order to determine what’s going well and where there are opportunities for improvement. Reinforcing your wins and pivoting if needed, will lead to a better experience by all stakeholders.
Examples of great times to call us is . . . . . .
– When you are looking to enhance employee engagement
– When you are working to ensure inclusive practices and a welcoming workplace
– When experiencing a change in business direction
– When planning for management and leadership transitions
– When you are building a new team or reforming your current team
– When the work requires new skills, knowledge, or behaviors
– When planning for a merger, acquisition or workforce realignment
– When embarking on a major change initiative
Let's Get the Conversation Started! Submit Your Initial Inquiry Below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of project opportunities do you support?
-Interim Coverage, due to occurrences such as personal leaves, restructuring, etc.
-Customized Programs or Solutions
How do you assign your experts to project opportunities?
Why should I use SDL for my people-related contract needs?
What fees does SDL charge?
How do I pay SDL?
Does all talent work remotely?
Am I able to have the talent sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement before getting started on my project or assignment?
What geographies do you serve?
I am a consultant who would like to work for SDL. How can I join the team?
We are a contracting firm whose niche specialty is in supporting HR functions like Learning & Development, Org Development/Effectiveness, and general Human Resources.
SDL’s differentiating value to our clients is in offering skilled, contract talent who have a proven work history with SDL. If you would like to learn more about how to be considered for our expert team, please click here.
We Also Offer Employer of Record Services
When you partner with an Employer of Record, you outsource the administration and payment of contract labor to us, which allows you to save both time and money by collaborating with only 1 vendor partner.
We handle all payments, paperwork, tax forms, background checks, insurance, drug screenings, on-boarding/off-boarding, and contractor relations issues. These services are ideal for:
- Contractor/1099 Management
- Short-term or Special Projects
- Interim or Probationary Hiring
- On-Call Employees
- Internal Head Count Restrictions
Interested in exploring whether these services may be ideal for your company?
Let’s schedule a time to chat.
Banking and Finance
Venture Capital/Private Equity
Shockingly Different Leadership is a human capital professional services consultancy that provides organizations access to the best consulting expertise in the areas of Talent Development, Organizational Development, and Human Resources – on an on-demand, project, or contract basis.
4480-H South Cobb Drive
Smyrna, GA 30080
2121 NewMarket Parkway
Marietta, GA 30067
Customer Service Email:
Call or Text:
8:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Weekends By Appointment