Every inspiring company touts an incredibly strong focus on their human resources strategic agenda. However, there are times when highly talented extra hands are needed to help get business-critical human resources initiatives completed on time and under budget, without adding additional headcount.
This is where SDL’s Contract Human Resources Generalists come in!
Our contract Human Resources experts are ready to step in on a moment’s notice, to help you accomplish your next “people” project or to provide interim HR coverage on-demand. No matter if you lack an internal human resources department or your current one is stretched too thin, we can help!
They can work at your location, our location, or remotely. While you will have full control in defining the scope under which our human resources contract personnel will operate, we have provided examples of some of the more common services SDL’s clients request.
What Can an SDL
Contract Human Resources Generalist Do?
We are proud that SDL offers the largest bench of the most innovative, dynamic contract human resources professionals in the industry. Organizations are able hire a contract SDL HR expert, on-demand, to:
- Work closely with headquarters and/or Field leadership to drive business performance
- Help build and evaluate current HR policies and procedures
- Establish new HR programs and initiatives
- Drive the Employee Relations strategy from intake, investigation and creating resolutions to ER cases; Work with Legal to resolve matters and provide recommendations to mitigate risk
- Oversee centralized services, such as benefits, payroll, etc.
- Drives performance management, workforce planning, succession planning, and DEI processes
- Oversees Leave of Absence, Workers Compensation and Disability programs
- Provide and amazing employee experience for all employees
- Collaborate with the current HR team, to ensure continuous growth and success of the organization and culture
- Conduct recruiting and new hire onboarding
- Ensure HR policy compliance
- Support multi-locations and/or subsidiary operations
Professional Qualifications of
SDL’s Contract Human Resources Generalists
We have multiple experience levels of personnel:
– Individual Contributors
– HR Managers
– HR Directors
– VP/CHRO – Human Resources
- All personnel have a proven track record of success in high growth companies across multiple industries.
- Experience in multiple HR disciplines (e.g. recruiting, employee engagement, compliance, benefits, training, etc.)
- Excellent written, verbal and oral communications skills.
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to interact with employees, leaders and vendors of all levels
- Strong ability to research complicated questions, distill answers and implement them practically
- Self starters with the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Maintain highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character
Our Differentiating Value:
- We do not have 50K unknown consultants in a database, like other firms. Our experts are real staff who have a successful track record with real SDL clients.
- You will be able to focus your team’s efforts on more strategic initiatives where internal knowledge is irreplaceable.
- You will have a single point of contact for the entire project engagement.
- You will have a partner who has all the insurance requirements, legal & accounting systems, and operational infrastructure that will make your procurement department ecstatic!
- We provide thought-leadership as we co-create the right engagement experience for your company.
- We relieve you of much of the administrative burden involved with selecting the “right” contract personnel, conducting background checks, getting signed NDAs, tax & expense management and managing worker performance.
From short-term engagements to highly complex, multi-year enterprise-wide rollouts, our expert professionals work with you to understand your business and execution needs.
You may be asking yourself, “Can we afford to outsource all or part of our needs?” A better question is, “Can you afford not to?”
Rarely is there “extra” budget for this type of initiative, however, utilizing contract staff may in fact make better business sense.
According to the principles of cost accounting, an employee actually costs their employer 2.4 – 3.3 times their base salary. This includes expense allocations for items such as medical/dental insurance, worker’s comp insurance, liability insurance, 401k contribution, bonuses, payroll taxes, paid time off and their share of indirect costs (training, meeting expenses, office supplies, legal fees, technology services, office rent, corporate taxes, mobile devices, conferences/trade shows, etc.)
Using a service provider, only when needed, usually saves a company up to 40%, due to non-existent employee-related expenses. If your $60K employee is really costing you $180K, wouldn’t you rather leverage them for more internally strategic tasks?
How We Partner – SDL Contract Human Resources Personnel
Our contract Human Resources Personnel partner with you to thoroughly connect the critical success factors of your People strategy to the business priorities of your organization.
What differentiates our firm includes how we “do our homework” to create actionable, practical recommendations to increase the value and impact of your initiatives.
Once you give your stamp of approval, we “plug and play” into your current rhythm of the business. And we don’t leave you hanging to do the day-to-day project management work. Our team will take the lead to execute it – freeing your internal resources to focus on other priorities.
Our job is to make you look good! And when you look good, we look good!
Fees and Payment Options
After we go through the Discovery process to scope your needs in more detail, SDL will provide you a comprehensive Statement of Work. Upon signed contract or Statement of Work, payments for services rendered may be made by:
- Credit Card: Both corporate and personal credit cards accepted.
- Purchase Order/Invoice: SDL will send an invoice directly to you or your company representative. If a purchase order or registration in your company’s vendor system is required, please contact us at 770-384-1103 or via email.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch to explore how SDL can support your human resources needs.
Shockingly Different Leadership is a human capital professional services consultancy that provides organizations access to the best consulting expertise in the areas of Talent Development, Organizational Development, and Human Resources – on an on-demand, project, or contract basis.
4480-H South Cobb Drive
Smyrna, GA 30080
2121 NewMarket Parkway
Marietta, GA 30067
Customer Service Email:
Call or Text:
8:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Weekends By Appointment