Free up your bandwidth for more strategic activities
by letting our Workshop Facilitator Pool wow your employees!
Each year, companies both large and small evaluate how to best use their internal talent. When gaps in expertise or bandwidth occur, they are forced to consider adding additional headcount or hiring contract talent.
This quagmire is no different for Human Resources and Talent Development leaders, where headcount is hard to come by but the requests for additional training and development offerings never ceases.
Now, you have a powerful option to add as a strategic component to your Talent Development initiatives – The SDL Facilitator Pool! Creating a blended workforce comprised of both internal staff and external talent development partners has become business-critical for most companies.
The ability to scale up or down development manpower as needed, without impacting employee morale, is a priceless competitive advantage in the war for talent. The SDL Facilitator Pool helps provide this for you.
What is the SDL Workshop Facilitator Pool?
The SDL Workshop Facilitator Pool is comprised of over 50 senior trainers, each of whom specialize in various topics in professional, inclusion, supervisory, management, and leadership development.
This division of SDL specializes in L&D delivery outsourcing and offers the largest bench of the most innovative, dynamic L&D professionals in the industry.
Organizations are able hire a workshop facilitator, on-demand, to facilitate either internally-developed content or one of SDL’s course offerings.
Why Would You Need This Service?
A more strategic approach to developing your talent is the key to retaining them.
Let’s face it. Your current team is stretched thin and the SDL Facilitator Pool provides a viable option of support without killing your bottom line profitability.
Leveraging our experts may be the key to your talent development program staying on the cutting edge of innovation and beating the competition.
You may be asking yourself, “Can we afford to outsource all or part of our training delivery?” A better question is, “Can you afford not to?”
Rarely is there “extra” budget for this type of initiative, however, utilizing contract staff may in fact make better business sense. According to the principles of cost accounting, an employee actually costs their employer 2.4 – 3.3 times their base salary. This includes expense allocations for items such as medical/dental insurance, worker’s comp insurance, liability insurance, 401k contribution, bonuses, payroll taxes, paid time off and their share of indirect costs (training, meeting expenses, office supplies, legal fees, technology services, office rent, corporate taxes, mobile devices, conferences/trade shows, etc.)
Using a service provider, only when needed, usually saves a company up to 40%, due to non-existent employee-related expenses. If your $60K talent development employee is really costing you $180K, wouldn’t you rather leverage them for more internally strategic tasks?
From short-term training engagements to highly complex, multi-year enterprise-wide rollouts, our expert professionals work with you to understand your business needs to deliver engaging training programs in all learning modalities.
Our Differentiating Value:
- We do not have 50K unknown facilitators in a database, like other firms. Our 60+ global facilitators are real staff who have a successful track record with real SDL clients.
- You will be able to focus your team’s efforts on more strategic initiatives where internal knowledge is irreplaceable.
- You will have a single point of contact for the entire project engagement.
- You will have a partner who has all the insurance requirements, legal & accounting systems, and operational infrastructure to make your procurement department ecstatic!
- We provide thought-leadership as we co-create the right engagement experience for your company.
- We relieve you of much of the administrative burden involved with selecting the “right” facilitator, conducting background checks, getting signed NDAs, organizing train-the-trainer sessions, tax & expense management and managing workshop facilitator performance.
Tips to Remember When Hiring an External Workshop Facilitator
- You should expect your workshop facilitator to have the education and professional experience to be credible with your group. (And a little gravitas is a cherry on top!
- Your workshop facilitator should be more interested in helping your participants achieve the learning objectives than being “on stage.”
- You should expect full-cycle facilitation, including comprehensive pre-facilitation prep, flexible day-of facilitation, and follow-up contact to debrief your session, to help your participants maintain learning momentum.
- You should expect an all-in project price instead of time-based pricing.
See the SDL Workshop Facilitator Pool In Action!
Seeing is believing! Read this free 2-page case study of how a Fortune 50 tech company cost effectively accelerated the implementation of their global talent development curriculum by using SDL’s pool of workshop facilitators.
Included is the company’s identity, the KPI’s achieved, why they believe using a workshop facilitator pool actually saved them costs.
How We Partner – SDL Workshop Facilitator Pool
Our facilitators partner with you to thoroughly connect the critical success factors of your talent development strategy to the business priorities of your organization.
What differentiates our firm includes how we “do our homework” to create actionable, practical recommendations to increase the value and impact of your course offerings.
Once you give your stamp of approval, we “plug and play” into your current rhythm of the business. And we don’t leave you hanging to do the day-to-day project management work. Our team will take the lead to execute it – freeing your internal resources to focus on other priorities.
Our job is to make you look good! And when you look good, we look good!
Fees and Payment Options
After we go through the Discovery process to scope your needs in more detail, SDL will provide you a comprehensive Statement of Work. Upon signed contract or Statement of Work, payments for services rendered may be made by:
- Credit Card: Both corporate and personal credit cards accepted.
- Purchase Order/Invoice: SDL will send an invoice directly to you or your company representative. If a purchase order or registration in your company’s vendor system is required, please contact us at 770-384-1103 or via email.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch to explore how SDL can support your talent development delivery needs.
Shockingly Different Leadership is a talent development and HR project support consultancy. We provide organizations consulting expertise in the areas of Talent Development, Organizational Development, and Human Resources – on an on-demand, project, or flexible basis.
4480-H South Cobb Drive
Smyrna, GA 30080
2121 NewMarket Parkway
Marietta, GA 30067
Customer Service Email: email@example.com
Call or Text: 770-384-1103