Use DiSC to help your team to collaborate better and become stronger, more effective leaders
OVERVIEW OF DiSC ASSESSMENT
DiSC is a personal assessment tool used to improve work productivity, teamwork and communication.
After completing a brief series of questions, you will be presented with a detailed report about your personality and behavior.
The DiSC model provides a common language that people can use to better understand themselves and to adapt their behaviors in order to collaborate better with others.
DiSC profiles help you and your team:
- Show up as your best self: understand your personal value to others, how you respond to conflict, what motivates you, what causes you stress and how you solve problems
- Facilitate better teamwork and minimize team conflict
- Develop stronger leadership, sales, and customer service skills by identifying and responding to the styles of those you are trying to influence
- Manage more effectively by understanding the preferences and priorities of others
- Become more self-knowledgeable, well-rounded and effective leaders
Take a peek at a sample of the questions below:
A Quick Overview of DiSC
The 4 DiSC Styles
What Does DiSC Stand For?
A Little DiSC History
The initial DiSC model comes from Dr. William Marston, a physiological psychologist, in a book entitled Emotions of Normal People, published in 1928.
He did not create an instrument from his theory, but others did. That’s why you might discover other DiSC tests in the marketplace.
So be sure to look for the lowercase i in DiSC® to be sure you’re looking at the assessment tool researched, validated, and published by reputable entities. Shockingly Different Leadership only uses the official DiSC assessment with its clients, as we also demand authenticity, high integrity, and delivery excellence.
During your DiSC assessment and workshop experience, participants will be able to:
- Identify the 4 basic personality/communication styles of human beings
- Deeply understand the dynamics of their own style and how they typically interact with others
- Embrace the diversity and differences of others
- Implement best practices on how to adapt one’s style to better communicate and influence others
- Increased self-awareness
- Appreciation of the style of others
- Builds bridges between team members
- Develops strategies for dealing with conflict
- Improved communication and leadership effectiveness
- Better understand effective ways of dealing with difficult people
Instruction: Assessment taken online. Workshop facilitated in-person. Half day and full day workshops available.
Fees: Based on scope of the design of program. Assessments for groups are deeply discounted from retail price. Contact us for a complimentary preliminary scoping session and cost estimate.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch to bring this workshop to your organization
Or be notified of new offerings by completing form below
Download Workshop Overview (PDF)
Need to share the DiSC assessment
and workshop overview with others?
Download Sample DiSC Report (PDF)
Like to take a closer look?
How to Book Workshop
There are multiple ways to enjoy this workshop:
- Bring this workshop to your organization. Contact us to discuss dates and pricing.
- Register Online for an Open-Enrollment Offering (currently not available)
SDL provides two payment options for your convenience:
- Credit Card: You can bill the workshop to a corporate or personal credit card.
- Purchase Order/Invoice: SDL will send a bill directly to you or your company. If a purchase order or registration in your company’s vendor system is required, please contact us at 770-384-1103.
Public Offering Policies
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy
For open-enrollment Classroom, Live Online, and Webinar programs, participants who can no longer attend may transfer to a future session, send someone to take their place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to the session.
If you provide SDL with less than three weeks notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee.
Privately offered sessions for organizations are bound by the terms of the separately negotiated Statement of Work.
Seminar Hours and Attire
Q: What time does my workshop begin and end?
A: On the first morning, please arrive at 8:30 am to pick up your registration packet and room assignment. Workshops generally begin at 9:00 am and end at 5:00 pm, except on the last day. On the last day, workshops that run the full day begin at 9:00 am and end at 4:30 pm. Workshops that conclude with half day sessions end at 12:00 pm.
Q: What should I wear?
A: Business casual attire is appropriate. Note: room temperatures may vary so you may want to dress in layers. Travel and Accommodations
Q: Will SDL help me make travel arrangements?
A: SDL partners with leading travel organizations to offer participants special discounts on hotel rooms and car rentals when attending SDL open-enrollment workshops. We provide these to all participants on this site when public offerings are available. Participants will be required to make and pay for the reservations themselves. We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Therefore, please contact us should you have any additional questions.
Certified DiSC Facilitator
Jane is a senior learning and organizational development consultant with a passion for facilitation and people development. She absolutely eats, breathes, and lives DiSC, and loves working with executives and their teams to bring the DiSC assessment and team learnings to life!
FUN FACTS ABOUT JANE
Top 3 Superpowers: strategic thinker, active listener, interior designer wannabe
Guilty Pleasure: Binge- watching HGTV (Home and Garden Channel)
Favorite Cupcake Flavor: Espresso-Chocolate
Little Known Fact: We adopted our daughter from China
Shockingly Different Leadership is a human capital professional services consultancy that provides organizations access to the best consulting expertise in the areas of Talent Development, Organizational Development, and Human Resources – on an on-demand, project, or contract basis.
4480-H South Cobb Drive
Smyrna, GA 30080
2121 NewMarket Parkway
Marietta, GA 30067
Customer Service Email:
Call or Text:
8:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Weekends By Appointment