Development training designed to help managers build critical skills & increase their management acumen
MANAGEMENT ESSENTIALS OVERVIEW
Through our Manager Essentials program, we provide thought leadership and development training on the most critical topics, skills, and competencies which are essential for current managers to be more effective in role.
Many of our clients use our Manager Essentials offering to ensure their managers are equipped with the knowledge and know-how to nurture, motivate, and get the best out of their teams. Core management knowledge, appropriate behaviors, management accountabilities, and reduction of legal risk is embedded in all Manager Essential modules.
This training provides participants with knowledge and easy-to-apply tools needed to become an even more successful manager than they are today!
Participants will leave the experience feeling more confident that they can ensure the members of their teams will feel valued, treated fairly, and provided the development which will help them to execute their jobs effectively.
What Will Be Covered
This is a modularized course offering, allowing organizations to select their ideal mix of topics
to be covered during their desired training calendar. Each module can be delivered as a stand-alone, “grab-n-go” independent session.
Most modules employ a combination of learning styles, such as classroom delivery, online delivery, panel discussions, improv activities, small-group working sessions (where managers practice using new tools), guest speakers, and role-play scenarios based on real organizational scenarios.
- Understanding Behavioral Styles
- Ensuring an Inclusive Work Environment
- Managing Both Good and Bad Performance
- Developing Individuals Through Coaching
- Supercharging Your Emotional Intelligence
- Managing Conflict and Negotiations
- Building High Performing Teams
- Becoming an Interviewer Superstar
- Manager “Me-Time”
- Effective Presentation Skills
- Managing Change
- “People Rhythm” Basics
- Giving Effective Feedback
- Leading Effective Meetings
- Employment Law and Legal Compliance
How Participants Benefit
- Understand what “great management” is and isn’t
- Become more astute on how to be a more effective manager
- Increase confidence in their ability to plan, organize, coach, motivate, delegate, and communicate to a team
- Become more effective communicators
- Increase effectiveness in managing staff
- Increase skills in influencing positive change
- Learn how to manage up, down, and across the organization
- Become champions in reducing legal risk and handling sensitive people issues
- Better understand employment laws such as FMLA, ADA, OSHA, etc.
- Seasoned Managers (who are due for a development refresher)
- New Managers
- Middle Managers & Supervisors
- Team Leaders
Module Descriptions and Competency Matrix
Download Manager Essentials Module Descriptions-PDF
GROUP AND INDIVIDUAL COACHING
In addition to the modules listed above, Shockingly Different Leadership has 23 certified coaches available to provide 1:1 and/or group coaching to management staff.
How to Book Workshop
Once you select which al-la-cart modules that you would like to bring to your organization, we work with you to add in company-specific customizations, such as policies, processes, and procedures .
Module lengths vary from 2 hours to 2 days, with most modules averaging 3-4 hours in length. Some modules can be broken up in hour-long increments, which is nice for virtual instruction.
Pricing is determined based on final module selections, customizations required, and number of deliveries.
To get a proposal on bringing this workshop to your organization, contact us to discuss choices, dates and pricing.
SDL provides two payment options for your convenience:
- Credit Card: You can bill the workshop to a corporate or personal credit card.
- Purchase Order/Invoice: SDL will send a bill directly to you or your company. If a purchase order or registration in your company’s vendor system is required, please contact us at 770-384-1103.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch to bring this workshop to your organization
Shockingly Different Leadership is a human capital professional services consultancy that provides organizations access to the best consulting expertise in the areas of Talent Development, Organizational Development, and Human Resources – on an on-demand, project, or contract basis.
4480-H South Cobb Drive
Smyrna, GA 30080
2121 NewMarket Parkway
Marietta, GA 30067
Customer Service Email:
Call or Text:
8:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Weekends By Appointment