Make Compensation in the Workplace a Powerful Catalyst and Strategic Advantage!
Would you like some help with your compensation strategy? At SDL, our compensation experts are ready to step in at a moment’s notice, to serve as your company’s advocate to both help define strategic approach and implement your program(s) of choice.
Employee perspective on compensation change by the day. In addition, negotiating with vendor firms can be confusing and complex. Not to worry, help is a phone call away.
At SDL, our contract Compensation consultants showcase their expertise in creating compensation and reward programs at all levels—executive, managerial, professional, and support staff. They also can work at your location, our location, or remotely. While you will have full control in defining the scope under which our consultants will operate, we have provided examples of some of the more common services SDL’s clients request:
- Market Analysis
- Pay Equity Analysis
- Job Analysis
- Salary Structures
- Compensation Strategy
What Can an SDL
Contract Compensation Consultant Do?
We are proud that SDL offers the largest bench of the most dynamic contract compensation professionals in the industry. Organizations are able hire a contract SDL compensation expert, on-demand, to address:
- Philosophy: We work closely with headquarters leadership to define compensation philosophy
- Initial Data Gathering: We will make an initial data request to further understand the company and its historical and current compensation systems.
- Compensation Strategy Review/Development: We help you to understand and agree to a strategy regarding the pay system and make revisions as appropriate.
- Position Leveling and Titling Recommendations: We help you develop consistent leveling and titles to create a common approach of recognizing employee growth and increasing responsibility and/or contributions.
- Job Evaluation (Benchmark Jobs): We market price benchmark jobs using pay surveys we have at our disposal, as well as industry or local surveys you may have available. We will involve management in the final job matches to ensure quality and buy-in.
- Job Evaluation (Non-Benchmark Jobs): We slot non-benchmark jobs based on the information contained in the role descriptions and their relationship to the benchmark jobs.
- Salary Structure Development: We will develop a salary structure and corresponding pay grades and make potential recommendations, so that the structure aligns with the compensation strategy, position leveling, and with professional compensation standards.
- Salary Administration Guidelines: We will provide salary administration guidelines tailored to the organization.
- Training, Communication, and Implementation: We will create the communication plan and associated presentations to educate, communicate, and implement changes to the compensation program for management and employees.
Professional Qualifications of
SDL’s Contract Compensation Consultants
We have multiple experience levels of personnel:
– Individual Contributors
– Compensation Managers
– Compensation Directors
– Interim VP/Director – Compensation
All personnel have:
- A proven track record of success in high growth companies across multiple industries
- Extensive experience in compensation responsibilities such as setting salaries and pay grades for new positions within the company, gathering benchmarking data on wages and recommending bonus programs based on job analyses
- Strong knowledge of HR practices and labor legislation
- Excellent analytical and qualitative skills
- Excellent written, verbal and oral communications skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to interact with employees, leaders and vendors of all levels
- Strong ability to research complicated questions, distill answers and implement them practically
- Self starters with the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Maintain highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character
Our Differentiating Value:
- We do not have 50K unknown consultants in a database, like other firms. Our experts are real staff who have a successful track record with real SDL clients.
- You will be able to focus your team’s efforts on more strategic initiatives where internal knowledge is irreplaceable.
- You will have a single point of contact for the entire project engagement.
- You will have a partner who has all the insurance requirements, legal & accounting systems, and operational infrastructure that will make your procurement department ecstatic!
- We provide thought-leadership as we co-create the right engagement experience for your company.
- We relieve you of much of the administrative burden involved with selecting the “right” contract personnel, conducting background checks, getting signed NDAs, tax & expense management and managing worker performance.
From short-term engagements to highly complex, multi-year enterprise-wide rollouts, our expert professionals work with you to understand your business and execution needs.
You may be asking yourself, “Can we afford to outsource all or part of our needs?” A better question is, “Can you afford not to?”
Rarely is there “extra” budget for this type of initiative, however, utilizing contract staff may in fact make better business sense.
According to the principles of cost accounting, an employee actually costs their employer 2.4 – 3.3 times their base salary. This includes expense allocations for items such as medical/dental insurance, worker’s comp insurance, liability insurance, 401k contribution, bonuses, payroll taxes, paid time off and their share of indirect costs (training, meeting expenses, office supplies, legal fees, technology services, office rent, corporate taxes, mobile devices, conferences/trade shows, etc.)
Using a service provider, only when needed, usually saves a company up to 40%, due to non-existent employee-related expenses. If your $60K employee is really costing you $180K, wouldn’t you rather leverage them for more internally strategic tasks?
How We Partner – SDL Contract Compensation Personnel
Our contract Compensation Personnel partner with you to thoroughly connect the critical success factors of your People strategy to the business priorities of your organization.
What differentiates our firm includes how we “do our homework” to create actionable, practical recommendations to increase the value and impact of your initiatives.
Once you give your stamp of approval, we “plug and play” into your current rhythm of the business. And we don’t leave you hanging to do the day-to-day project management work. Our team will take the lead to execute it – freeing your internal resources to focus on other priorities.
Our job is to make you look good! And when you look good, we look good!
Fees and Payment Options
After we go through the Discovery process to scope your needs in more detail, SDL will provide you a comprehensive Statement of Work. Upon signed contract or Statement of Work, payments for services rendered may be made by:
- Credit Card: Both corporate and personal credit cards accepted.
- Purchase Order/Invoice: SDL will send an invoice directly to you or your company representative. If a purchase order or registration in your company’s vendor system is required, please contact us at 770-384-1103 or via email.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch to explore how SDL can support your human resources needs.
Shockingly Different Leadership is a human capital professional services consultancy that provides organizations access to the best consulting expertise in the areas of Talent Development, Organizational Development, and Human Resources – on an on-demand, project, or contract basis.
4480-H South Cobb Drive
Smyrna, GA 30080
2121 NewMarket Parkway
Marietta, GA 30067
Customer Service Email:
Call or Text:
8:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Weekends By Appointment