Make Employee Benefits a Powerful Strategic Advantage for Your Employer Brand!
Would you like some help with your employee benefits strategy? At SDL, our employee benefits experts are ready to step in at a moment’s notice, to serve as your company’s advocate to both help define your strategic approach and implement your program(s) of choice.
Employee perspectives on competitive benefit packages change by the day. In addition, negotiating with vendor firms can be confusing and complex. Not to worry, help is a phone call away.
To be clear, we are not benefit brokers and are not beholden to any supplier in particular. This allows us to truly provide the best advice to you to support your employees.
At SDL, our contract Employee Benefits consultants showcase their expertise in creating or augmenting benefits programs. They can work at your location, our location, or remotely. We’ve also found this service offering a favorite of private equity firms and corporations experiencing an upcoming merger or acquisition.
What Can an SDL Contract
Employee Benefits Consultant Do?
A benefits consultant is an experienced professional who advises business clients on insurance, employee benefits, and other products.
We are proud that SDL offers the largest bench of the most dynamic contract employee benefits professionals in the industry. While you will have full control in defining the scope under which our consultants will operate, we have provided examples of some of the more common services SDL’s clients request:
- Health and Benefits Consulting Services
- Health/Dental/Vision program development and management
- Absence, disability and leave
- Elective benefits
- Comprehensive Strategic Planning
- Design and Pricing
- Design & Pricing
- Benefit design and cost modeling
- Annual benefit budget creation/funding analysis and options
- Vendor renewals, selecting RFP’s and price negotiation
- Employee contribution development/impact analysis
- Execution and Delivery
- Communication strategy
- Vendor integration and enrollment coordination
- Vendor contract/compliance review
- Vendor/plan change implementation management
- Ongoing Measurement
- Vendor performance objectives and measures
- Annual 5500 form completion
- Nondiscrimination testing/oversight/pre-testing
- Facilitation of vendor stewardship meetings
Professional Qualifications of
SDL’s Contract Benefits Consultants
We have multiple experience levels of personnel:
– Individual Contributors
– Benefits Managers
– Benefits Directors
– Interim VP/Director – Benefits
All personnel have:
- A proven track record of success in companies across multiple industries
- Extensive experience in benefits strategy and administration
- Strong knowledge of HR practices and labor legislation
- Excellent analytical and qualitative skills
- Excellent written, verbal and oral communications skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to interact with employees, leaders and vendors of all levels
- Strong ability to research complicated questions, distill answers and implement them practically
- Self starters with the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Maintain highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character
Our Differentiating Value:
- We do not have 50K unknown consultants in a database, like other firms. Our experts are real staff who have a successful track record with real SDL clients.
- You will be able to focus your team’s efforts on more strategic initiatives where internal knowledge is irreplaceable.
- You will have a single point of contact for the entire project engagement.
- You will have a partner who has all the insurance requirements, legal & accounting systems, and operational infrastructure that will make your procurement department ecstatic!
- We provide thought-leadership as we co-create the right engagement experience for your company.
- We relieve you of much of the administrative burden involved with selecting the “right” contract personnel, conducting background checks, getting signed NDAs, tax & expense management and managing worker performance.
From short-term engagements to highly complex, multi-year enterprise-wide rollouts, our expert professionals work with you to understand your business and execution needs.
You may be asking yourself, “Can we afford to outsource all or part of our needs?” A better question is, “Can you afford not to?”
Rarely is there “extra” budget for this type of initiative, however, utilizing contract staff may in fact make better business sense.
According to the principles of cost accounting, an employee actually costs their employer 2.4 – 3.3 times their base salary. This includes expense allocations for items such as medical/dental insurance, worker’s comp insurance, liability insurance, 401k contribution, bonuses, payroll taxes, paid time off and their share of indirect costs (training, meeting expenses, office supplies, legal fees, technology services, office rent, corporate taxes, mobile devices, conferences/trade shows, etc.)
Using a service provider, only when needed, usually saves a company up to 40%, due to non-existent employee-related expenses. If your $60K employee is really costing you $180K, wouldn’t you rather leverage them for more internally strategic tasks?
How We Partner – SDL Contract Employee Benefits Personnel
What differentiates our firm includes how we “do our homework” to create actionable, practical recommendations to increase the value and impact of your initiatives.
Once you give your stamp of approval, we “plug and play” into your current rhythm of the business. And we don’t leave you hanging to do the day-to-day project management work. Our team will take the lead to execute it – freeing your internal resources to focus on other priorities.
Our job is to make you look good! And when you look good, we look good!
Fees and Payment Options
- Credit Card: Both corporate and personal credit cards accepted.
- Purchase Order/Invoice: SDL will send an invoice directly to you or your company representative. If a purchase order or registration in your company’s vendor system is required, please contact us at 770-384-1103 or via email.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch to explore how SDL can support your human resources needs.
4480-H South Cobb Drive
Smyrna, GA 30080
2121 NewMarket Parkway
Marietta, GA 30067
Customer Service Email:
Call or Text:
8:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Weekends By Appointment