Setting the Stage for Rockstar Performance in the Workplace
Ever wonder why many employees are confused about how they are really doing or are not demonstrating their full potential?
Frequently we don’t do a good job of co-creating their performance goals with them, defining what the levels of success look like and connecting their goals to the company’s strategic plan.
Setting goals is important because it provides a framework to achieve greater landmarks in your business or career. Effective goals motivate people and make it clear to them where they should direct their energy.
Whether long-term or short-term, goals are necessary for driving work and business activities in the right direction. To innovate, excel in customer satisfaction and produce exceptional products and services, all employees need to set proper goals.
In our On-Target Goal Setting workshop, we’ll explore best practices in leading goal setting activities and help learners set goals they’ll want to achieve (and actually do it!).
Imagine the satisfaction of moving confidently toward your goals, accomplishing them with ease and guiding colleagues, coworkers and team members to do the same. It’s all possible once you put the principles of this goal setting workshop into action!
If you’re hungry to improve goal setting to impact positive individual & team performance at your company, this development experience is a great place to start!
What Will Be Covered
On-Target Goal Setting is an immersive experience which teaches participants step-by-step how to create, gain buy-in and execute against sound goals which align nicely with your organization’s business strategy.
This offering employs a combination of learning styles, such as instructor-led facilitation, goal critiques, small-group working sessions and role-play scenarios based on real organizational scenarios.
Participants will also discover more about themselves as they learn how to use their goal setting talents for the greater good of both their professional development and the organization. Utilizing a blend of instruction, demonstration and feedback, the workshop provides practice opportunities for new skills learned.
From setting individual goals to working within the framework of a team environment, we’ll help you get past the internal roadblocks and external issues that may have hindered learners in the past.Download On-Target Goal Setting Brochure -PDF
HOW YOUR COMPANY WILL BENEFIT:
- Reduced time spent refereeing disagreements and conflicts between team members & employees and their manager
- Reduced stress because disagreement and conflicts about work direction are faced and solved instead of ignored or avoided
- More openness because employees feel more empowered in defining how they will commit to the company’s uber success
- Increased confidence of managers and leaders in having difficult conversations around goal-setting
Participants Will Learn:
- Understanding the Research: How employees react to goals isn’t random; it’s based on behavioral science they see daily.
- Knowledge on Use of Goal Types: How different goal types and the triangle of quantity, quality and command intersect to provide the right focus for specific situations.
- Understanding the Model: How to use the S.M.A.R.T.E.R. goal framework to create extremely sound job performance and business goals which align with organizational strategy.
- Facilitation of Goal Setting: How to use simple yet powerful facilitation skills for leading conversations on locking down goal setting – up, down, and across the organization.
- Handling Difficult Goal-Setting Debates: How to gain confidence in holding difficult goal-setting conversations calmly and assertively, resulting in a win-win agreement.
- Mindset Shift: How to overcome the mental barriers and roadblocks which creep up during goal-setting activities.
Those desiring to increase their goal-setting skills. We have a variety of versions of the content customized for:
- Executive & Seasoned Managers
- Middle Managers & Supervisors
- New Managers & Team Leaders
- All Employees
Coaching Resources for Participants
GROUP AND INDIVIDUAL COACHING
In addition to the workshop listed above, Shockingly Different Leadership has 50+certified coaches available to provide 1:1 and/or group coaching to management staff.
How to Book Workshop
On-Target Goal Setting is an experience that we will co-create together with you.
Once you decide to schedule a Discovery session with us, we will work with you to add in company-specific customizations, such as lingo, policies, processes, and procedures .
Module lengths vary from 3-6 hours, and can be facilitated in both in-person and virtual formats.
Pricing is determined based on final course customizations required and number of deliveries.
To get a proposal on bringing this workshop to your organization, contact us to discuss choices, dates and pricing.
SDL provides two payment options for your convenience:
- Credit Card: You can bill the workshop to a corporate or personal credit card.
- Purchase Order/Invoice: SDL will send a bill directly to you or your company. If a purchase order or registration in your company’s vendor system is required, please contact us at 770-384-1103.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch to bring this workshop to your organization
Shockingly Different Leadership is a human capital professional services consultancy that provides organizations access to the best consulting expertise in the areas of Talent Development, Organizational Development, and Human Resources – on an on-demand, project, or contract basis.
4480-H South Cobb Drive
Smyrna, GA 30080
2121 NewMarket Parkway
Marietta, GA 30067
Customer Service Email:
Call or Text:
8:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Weekends By Appointment