We’re making headlines, sharing thought leadership and are a part of some AMAZING conversations & projects!
Get a closer look at what Shockingly Different Leadership is up to these days!
(We’re doing some great things!)
LATEST PRESS FEATURES
For Immediate ReleaseAugust 6, 2019 Media Contact: Karan Ferrell-Rhodes770-384-1103 email@example.com 2019 ScaleHR Human...
Shockingly Different Leadership congratulates one of our clients, Danica Kombol, CEO- Everywhere Agency, on being nominated for Atlanta...
Karan Ferrell-Rhodes presented on high potential leadership development at the 2017 Nonprofit & Talent and Culture Summit, April 5-7 in Washington, D.C.
- 2/05/21 Karan was featured on the podcast, Career View Mirror, with host Joyel Crawford. She weighed in on a rich discussion on perceptions of the Human Resources function and the future of work post-Covid. Link to episode.
- 3/23/21 Karan was featured on the podcast, Transformational Truths, with host, Pastor Travis Hall. They spoke in depth about how leaders can sometimes be subject to fear and impostor syndrome. Link to episode.
- 11/18/20 Karan was a featured panelist at the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance’s DEI town hall on “How Systemic Racism Plays a Role in Our Professional Community.” Link to overview.
- 11/11/20 Karan published an article on Forbes: Three Strategies For Leaders Addicted To Both Success And Fear Of Failure
- 8/11/2020 CEO, Karan Ferrell-Rhodes’ was a presenter at Talent Revealed, a virtual conference hosted by Big Bend SHRM. She spoke on the advantages of incorporating design thinking in Human Resources and hosted a mini-hackathon on diversity & inclusion.
- Karan’s first featured article in Forbes.com was published: Want Productive Working Parents During The Pandemic? Help Them Cope With School Reopening Plans
- 8/01/2020 Karan Rhodes was a featured speaker at the Dare to Dream Virtual Summit.
- 11/05/2019 CEO, Karan Ferrell-Rhodes’ advice is featured on Forbes.com: Defining, And Achieving, Goals: Six Actionable Steps Leaders Can Take
- 10/22/2019 SDL launched the Atlanta chapter of the hr.hackathon alliance. Over 50 HR practitioners hacked a challenge about engaging and retaining Millennials.
- 08/06/2019 PRESS RELEASE: 2019 ScaleHR Human Resources Conference Speaker Line-up Confirmed
- 03/25/2019 CEO, Karan Ferrell-Rhodes led a pre-conference workshop at SHRM-Atlanta’s 2019 SOAHR Conference, entitled, “Delivering Compelling Influence at Work”.
- 02/27/2019 CEO, Karan Ferrell-Rhodes spoke at Church’s Chicken Women’s Leadership Forum on tactics women can use to help accelerate their career goals.
- 06/12/2018 CEO, Karan Ferrell-Rhodes led a breakout session at SHRM-Jacksonville’s HR Conference, entitled, “Is Your Org Unintentionally Sabotaging your HIPO Talent?”
- 04/17/2018 CEO, Karan Ferrell-Rhodes led a breakout session at SHRM-Atlanta’s 2018 SOAHR Conference, entitled, “Is Your Org Unintentionally Sabotaging your HIPO Talent?”
Tidbits & Resources
Resources curated just for you
The pressure to support critical business needs are driving the rise of corporate HR and Talent...
Chief Human Resources Officers (CHRO), were once just the problem solvers and keepers of people...
How business savvy is your HR function, when it comes to infusing flexible workforces into your...
A few insights on the HR gig economy and the HR workforce of the future. My friends know...
In an effort to create a more environmentally responsible media center, traditional paper press kits are not distributed. To request an updated press kit, please contact us.
Media registration at SDL’s public events is open to editors and reporters working full time for print, broadcast, or web publications with valid press credentials.
Valid press credentials are required at time of registration and include:
- A by-lined article published by their employing news agency within the past six months
- A copy of publication masthead listing the individual’s primary position as an editor or reporter
- Official photo identification issued by employing news agency or government
Bloggers and freelance journalists will be considered for media registration on a case-by-case basis and must provide three of their most recent blog posts or articles on a subject to be considered for media registration.
Please note that marketing executives, sales representatives, public relations executives, analysts, consultants, authors, and researchers may not register as media.
SDL reserves the right to deny media registration to any individual who does not meet the above guidelines, or to limit the amount of media registrants. SDL also reserves the right to request a copy of media coverage as a requirement for media registration.
Contact us to inquire about media credentials.
Shockingly Different Leadership is excited to be supporting the following charities:
The African Library Project: (http://africanlibraryproject.org)
Education is one of the keys to building more self-sustainable communities in areas in need. However, in rural communities across the globe, where access to the internet is limited at best, physical books are the window to what is possible and are an agent of change.
The African Library Project collects and recycles high quality books into small sustainable libraries in rural Africa, where books are in short supply.
By partnering with fellow passionate global collaborators, Shockingly Different Leadership joins The African Library Project in celebrating 10 years of building over 1750 libraries in countries like Ghana, Sierra Leone, Lesotho, Malawi, South Africa, Botswana and Swaziland!
How you can help: Incorporated into many of our programs, is a social leadership component, where our participants are given a real-life challenge to help a featured charity, like The African Library Project.
By being a client, you are automatically supporting others in need. You can also make a donation to support our most worthy causes.
Our press team loves working with journalists around the world to share compelling, unique stories about optimizing the world of work.
If you’re a member of the media and would like to talk, please get in touch with the appropriate team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send an email to our CEO, Karan Ferrell-Rhodes directly.
Shockingly Different Leadership is a human capital professional services consultancy that provides organizations access to the best consulting expertise in the areas of Talent Development, Organizational Development, and Human Resources – on an on-demand, project, or contract basis.
4480-H South Cobb Drive
Smyrna, GA 30080
2121 NewMarket Parkway
Marietta, GA 30067
Customer Service Email:
Call or Text:
8:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Weekends By Appointment