hr.hackathon-Atlanta Challenge Submission FAQs
NOTE: NO VENDOR PITCHES PLEASE!
What is an hr.hackathon event?
An hr.hackathon is a 3-hour workshop that provides a forum for HR innovators to collaborate with 40-50 peers by tackling a specific HR challenge. hr.hackathon events have inspired more than 1000 HR and business professionals in the Atlanta area and are also hosted in other cities as part of the hr.hackathon alliance.
Where can I learn more about design thinking?
Stanford d.school offers several free online resources to get an initial taste for design thinking. Design studio IDEO also provides an overview of design thinking methods and resources. If you want a more personal, hands-on approach, Shockingly Different Leadership offers 1/2 day, 2 day and 4 1/2 day design thinking workshop experiences.
What are previous hr. hackathon challenge examples?
– Allie Temkin of Common Threads submitted a challenge on employee engagement.
– Shayna Harris of Farmers’ Fridge submitted a challenge regarding diversity recruiting.
– We’ve also tackled flexible work challenges and ideal support for new managers.
How can I submit a challenge for consideration?
Please submit your challenge by completing the submission form on this page below. OR you can submit your challenge pitch as a video instead. Please make the video about 1-3 minutes long and address the questions asked on the submission form. Then email your video link to email@example.com.
How will the winning challenge be determined?
The hr.hackathon-Atlanta Board selects the winning submission based on the following criteria:
1. Relevance to the broader HR functional community
2. “Disruptive” topic that has not been hacked by the community before
3. Scope can be addressed in a 2-hr format
4. Topic can be easily framed as a “How might we…” design thinking challenge
5. Articulated commitment to experimenting with ideas generated by the community and reporting back to hr.hackathon-Atlanta leadership
Please Submit Your Challenge Via the Form Below
Shockingly Different Leadership is a human capital professional services consultancy that provides organizations access to the best consulting expertise in the areas of Talent Development, Organizational Development, and Human Resources – on an on-demand, project, or contract basis.
4480-H South Cobb Drive
Smyrna, GA 30080
2121 NewMarket Parkway
Marietta, GA 30067
Customer Service Email:
Call or Text:
8:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Weekends By Appointment