Networking Tip: High Potential Leaders Excel in Eye Contact
When you are speaking to someone who constantly looks at the floor while speaking to you, how does this make you feel? What is your perception of that person? Human nature causes the brain to assess that they may lack confidence, are intimidated, or are socially uncomfortable. Is this what you want to convey if you are strong leader who wants to persuade and influence others?
The eyes play the most crucial part in interpretation of a conversation. Direct eye contact is a “alpha male trait which does make some people feel uncomfortable. However, it does help you to be portrayed as calm, composed and confident. Direct eye contact also tells you if the person is actually paying attention to you.
If you sense that people are uncomfortable in your presence and tend to look away and not prefer eye contact, you may want to keep the conversation short and to the point or invite another person to the conversation so that do not feel that all the focus is on them.
Leave a Reply
- “Are Your “High Potentials” Really “High Possibles”
- Game-changer of the Week: Ms. Lupita Nyong’o
- Why you should care about differentiating yourself!
- How Nokia is Using Differentiation to Regain Marketshare in India
- Networking Tip: High Potential Leaders Excel in Eye Contact
- Bold Decisions
- Building a Strategic Network
- Career Progression
- Communication Tips
- Differentiation Facts
- Differentiation in the News
- Gamechanger of the Week
- Guest Bloggers
- High Potential Leadership
- Tips for Small Business